Email a Friend
Shoulder Pain - causes, advice & treatment
Help and treatment to repair your shoulder and arm pain
Shoulder pain is extremely common. The muscles and joints of the shoulder allow it to move through a remarkable range of motion, making it one of the most mobile joints in the human body. The shoulder can abduct, adduct, rotate, be raised in front of and behind the torso and move through a full 360° in the sagittal plane. Unfortunately, this tremendous range of motion also makes the shoulder extremely unstable, far more prone to dislocation and injury than other joints.
We are going to explore some of the things that can go wrong with the shoulder joint, the reasons for pain and the treatments that are available to assist in recovery.
What are some of the bones and joints of the shoulder and arm?
Scapula (shoulder blade)
Sterno-clavicular (SC) joint
Humerus (upper arm bone)
Acromio-clavicular (AC) joint
What are some of the muscles and structures of the shoulder and arm?
What will you do during my treatment session with you and what will you show me?
If you are playing in a team, you will probably know of someone else in your squad who is also suffering. Please tell them about this page.
- First I will treat your areas of pain with hands on physical therapy to show you exactly what to do to treat the physical injuries that are occuring now. This should bring a great deal of relief immediately.
- Then I will show you how to do all of this yourself. You can self treat at home, or on the way home in the car, or following a sporting activity, or in the gym, anywhere. The sooner you start after sport, the better it works.
- Once treatment is underway, I will show you how to warm up before you take part in any sporting activity, and for how long, with a variety of exercises that helps to minimize the damage to your muscles, knee and upper leg.
- At some point I will test your feet to see if you have flat feet or a fallen arch. This makes the large bone in your leg turn towards the centre and causes excessive stress on the quad muscle attachment point.
- I'll show you how, when and for how long to apply ice, and how to make your own ice applicator very simply.
- We will go through all of the exercises that you can do to help prevent Osgood Schlatters Disease from occurring in the first place, or everytime you do exercise or sport.
- Lastly, I will show you how and when to apply Kinesiology tape to the area, explain what it does, why you should use it, and the precautions needed to ensure it stays on.
- And to top it all off, mum or dad can make notes of everything so that you can remember it all when you get home.
- How long to do all that? 1 hour.
Osgood Schlatters Disease Treatment and Recovery- Mostly it is going to be the younger generation that will suffer with this. If that is you, ask your mum or dad to bring you to The Haven Healing Centre for treatment. You will only need to come once. During your visit I will show you all of the treatments that work towards recovery, and all of the exercises you need to do to ensure that you are not overly bothered by it during your future training and sporting activities. Remember you will eventually grow out of it. If you fancy getting this knee and leg pain sorted, I invite you to visit The Haven Healing Centre in Cheddar for a treatment and exercise session. Appointments and a treatment price list are available by clicking here. I look forward to welcoming you soon. Phil.
Please share this page with your friends. Thank you.
- All These Areas Are Within Easy Reach of The Haven Healing Centre, Cheddar, Somerset
- Abbots Leigh - Ashwick - Avonmouth - Axbridge - Babington - Backwell - Badgworth - Bagley - Banwell - Barrow Gurney - Bason Bridge - Bath -
Beckington - Berrow - Biddisham - Bishop Sutton - Bitton - Blackford - Blagdon - Bleadon - Bleadney - Bradford-on-Avon - Brean - Brent Knoll -
Bristol - Burnham-on-Sea - Burrington - Butcombe - Cameley - Catcott - Chantry - Chapel Allerton - Cheddar - Chelwood - Chew Magna - Chew Stoke -
Chilcompton - Churchill - Clapton - Claverham - Claverton - Cleeve - Clevedon - Clutton - Cocklake - Coleford - Compton Bishop - Compton Dando -
Compton Martin - Congresbury - Coxley - Cranmore - Cross - Downhead - Draycott - Dundry - Dunkerton - East Brent - East Harptree - East Huntspill -
Easton-in-Gordano - Edithmead - Emborough - Englishcombe - Evercreech - Failand - Farmborough - Farrington Gurney - Felton - Flax Bourton - Freshford -
Frome - Glastonbury - Godney - Green Ore - Gurney Slade - Highbridge - Highbury - High Littleton - Hinton Blewett - Hutton - Inglesbatch - Kelston -
Kenn - Kewstoke - Keynsham - Kilmersdon - Kingston Seymour - Langford - Litton - Locking - Long Ashton - Lower Weare - Loxton - Lympsham - Mark -
Marksbury - Mells - Midsomer Norton - Monkton Combe - Nailsea - Nempnett Thrubwell - Nettlebridge - Newbury - Oldmixon - Paulton - Peasedown -
Pensford - Pilton - Portishead - Prestleigh - Priddy - Priston - Pucklechurch - Pudlow - Puxton - Queen Charlton - Radstock - Redhill - Rickford -
Ridgehill - Rodney Stoke - Rooks Bridge - Rowberrow - Saltford - Sandford - Shapwick - Shepton Mallet - Shipham - Sidcot - Somerton - Stanton Drew -
Star - Staverton - St Georges - Stoke St Michael - Ston Easton - Stone Bridge - Stowey - Street - Temple Cloud - Tickenham - Timsbury - Trowbridge -
Ubley - Weare - Wedmore - Wellow - Wells - West Harptree - West Horrington - Weston-Super-Mare - West Pennard - Whatley - Whitchurch - Winford -
Winscombe - Wookey - Wraxall - Wrington - Yatton
- To book your Osgood Schlatters Disease treatment at a convenient time, call: 01934 740275
DISCLAIMER: This information is not presented by a medical practitioner and is for educational and informational purposes only. The content is not
intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider
with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have
Experience the wonder of complementary therapy by booking your appointment today.
It's a small investment in yourself, but could be a life-changing experience you will cherish forever.