Email a Friend
COVID-19 re-opening update
I'm planning on re-opening the doors to patients as of Monday 27th July 2020.
After 5 months of no income and increased costs to re-open, there needs to be some changes to my price structure going forward.
Price per appointment will increase by £5 per visit, based on previously discounted appointments, up to a max. of £50, which was my normal hourly rate before the lockdown without special circumstances.
PPE: In addition, there needs to be a small charge of £4 for PPE, reducing to £2 for those needing to return for regular treatments. Bring your own mask, or I can supply you one for £1 extra (I just paid £100 for 100 masks for this purpose).
It is unfortunate that I see on social media many therapists, hairdressers and the like are being criticized heavily as profiteering out of the covid crisis by asking for a PPE contribution. This charge is not for profit, it is to cover the following:
These PPE charges will only apply as long as the pandemic is still active, and I will withdraw or absorb them as soon as possible, or when they are no longer necessary.
- Reduced number of patients per day. A 1hr appointment is now 1.5hrs for cleaning, sterilizing and equipment changes to take place after each patient.
- New disposable apron for every patient.
- New mask for every patient.
- Clean and sterilize every surface in therapy room, especially anything that may have been touched or used during each visit.
- Clean and sterilize front door handles, support rails on steps outside and shoe tray inside hallway on floor.
- Replace all towels and cloths exposed in room during treatment and machine hot wash them (I have over £400 worth of new towels to ensure plenty of stock and drying time between washes).
- Clean toilet/bathroom after every visit. Replace hand towel, sterilize handles and surfaces.
- Purchase extra equipment, so it can be changed each time.
- Supply hand sanitizer.
- My therapy room will have been deep cleaned every day before you arrive and again at the end of the day.
- This is all in addition to changes of couch roll for each patient, which used to be the case, and so is no change.
- I hope you can see that £4 doesn't even cover half of it.
According to government guidelines, these are the conditions under which I am allowed to operate, both to protect myself and you.
Payment: You can continue to pay as you normally do; by bank transfer or by cash.
Cash needs to be the new style notes as these are easily sterilized. Coins just go in a pot to be sterilized later. I will supply an envelope for exact money.
When attending: With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone whenever possible. Please wear a mask. If you need physical assistance and have someone present during your visit, they too must wear a mask.
Due to limited space and seating, we will be as diligent as physically possible about minimum distancing.
Symptoms: If you have any of the following symptoms, singularly or together, unfortunately I will not be able to see you until you have been tested and/or self-isolated for the required time.
The main symptoms of CoronaVirus (Covid-19) are:
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
On arrival, or preferrably when making the appointment, please be prepared to answer 2 questions:
The answer to both of these questions needs to be NO, before I can see you.
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days; fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory problems?
- Have you had close contact with, or cared for, someone diagnosed with covid-19, or someone exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days?
After your appointment: Please contact me immediately if you develop symptoms, or test positive for covid in the next 14 days.
I am obliged to keep a list of patients contact details so I can inform them of any positive cases that may have passed through The Haven Practice over the previous 14 days. I too must also be tested and self-isolate for that time.
We're not out of the woods yet folks. I fear we must all be vigilant, careful and thorough, for some time to come yet. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Let me ask you a question. What is the absolute worst thing you can do if you have chronic pain, illness, disease, distortion, dysfunction, a body that is attacking itself from the inside, outside forces trying to break you down? Any idea? Can you think of the answer?
It's GIVING UP! Giving up trying, giving up hope, giving up looking for the answer, and thinking that there is nothing that will ever help or work for you. Everyday I see people that buy into the idea that there is no hope, no cure, nothing that can be done, because that's what they have been told is true.
But let me ask you another question? How long do you give your average baby to learn to walk before you give up and stop letting them try? Are you smiling now? You see, this is not a secret formula, but it tells you why nearly everyone on the planet can walk.
I'm not saying you have to come here. I don't have all the answers, but I am encouraging you to find someone you trust who is highly trained in body work to help you find your solution. That can be here, or somewhere else, but please make it somewhere! I firmly believe that if you don't give up, you can and will find a solution you can live with for the rest of your life.